Thursday, April 24, 2008

BTT: Springing

This week's Booking Through Thursday question is quite Northern Hempisphere-centric, but nonetheless poses an interesting question about whether or not reading tastes are affected by seaons:

Do your reading habits change in the Spring? Do you read gardening books? Even if you don’t have a garden? More light fiction than during the Winter? Less? Travel books? Light paperbacks you can stick in a knapsack?

Or do you pretty much read the same kinds of things in the Spring as you do the rest of the year?


I've never thought about reading in terms of literal seasons, but I think it's fair to say my reading is more seasonal on an emotional level: sometimes I'm interested in light and unchallenging fare, while other times I want something meaty, meaningful and thought-provoking. But the seasons are more based on life experience and emotions that the weather. (But then again, I live in tropical Queensland, Australia, where the seasonal changes are not so severe, so maybe my response can be somewhat limited on that basis!)

3 comments:

Linda Jacobs said...

I live in northern New Hampshire! The weather this week has been absolutely beautiful...summerlike, really.

I like your answer about emotional seasons. It's so true!

pussreboots said...

I don't read by the seasons either. Happy BTT.

BooksPlease said...

Thanks for your comments on my blog. I've tagged you for the page 123 meme, only if you'd like to do it of course. See here